[MPlayer-users] adapter option with gl2 output on windows

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Mon Mar 30 21:16:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using version  r28311 of mplayer under windows xp.  I'm using the
gl2 output to allow mplayer windows to be spread across multiple monitor
displays.  I have one 1600x1200 and three 1024x768 monitors.

However I don't seem to be able to use the -geometry option to place the
windows past the first monitor.  This is probably because each monitor
is set up independently and perhaps geometry only works within a single
adapter.  Using the directx driver, I can use the -adapter option along
with -geometry to put the mplayer window wherever I want, but -adapter
doesn't appear to work with the gl2 driver, and the directx driver will
only display on one adapter at a time.

Any thoughts on how to achieve both unlimited positioning and display
across multiple adapters?

thanks,

morris

--