[MPlayer-users] gmplayer osd

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 22 10:08:18 CET 2009

Hello,

Please see if you can send email with hard-coded line-breaks, those
overlong lines will be hard to read for quite a few people.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 01:36:44PM -0800, mike wrote:
> my problem is that with only some wmv (can't do anything about the source, that's what they are) gmplayer's osd elapsed time display will stop advancing (like at 0:30s), video continues playing just fine then after for example 150s the osd elapsed time leaps to 3:00m and does this constantly throughout the video (count a couple secs, hang, leap fwd while vid/aud underneath play fine the whole time).  it isn't a one-time thing - for a video it's going to do this with it will exhibit the same behavior, typically at the same spots, every time.

Is it reasonable to make (part of) such a file available?

> what I discovered yesterday is that mplayer itself does not do this - osd timer runs perfectly fine with no halting or skipping.  arrow rew/ffwd move in nice little chunks but in gmplayer the arrow movement is based around where the timer halts and leaps fwd (so arrow resolution in gmplayer is measured in minutes instead of seconds; that's kind of a big deal in instructional vids :)).

when you run gmplayer from the command-line, what does the status line
say? Does it have the same jumps? Is the version it displays the same as
that of you MPlayer, maybe those are different versions? (try mplayer
-gui ... instead of gmplayer, note that -gui must be the first option).

> or is there some way to get smaller output using -harddup?

Don't forget -ofps, if you do not set it, wmvs will be encoded with about 1000
frames per second.