[MPlayer-users] Is it possible to embed mplayer in anotherapplication?

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue May 6 15:26:26 CEST 2008

> Does the mplayer have some kind of interface for embedding it?

I have used slave mode quite extensively but it won't let you do lower-level
stuff like redirecting the rendered output. The reason I mention it here is
to warn you that it is as far as I can tell pretty much unmaintained and has
more than a few bugs, despite being (as far as I can tell) quite frequently
used. In my application I ended up restarting mplayer every file just to
have access to all the options I needed. So, allow me to answer your second
question with a negation - slave mode is probably not the place to start.

Reputedly the C codebase is quite labyrinthine (after all, it compiles to a
10MB executable!) but I'm not the guy to talk to about that.

Phil