[MPlayer-users] Is it possible to embed mplayer in another application?

Tuvok tuvokhome at interia.pl
Tue May 6 09:52:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm writing an application that displays various media, and video is one
of them. I wanted to do the video playing with gstreamer, but after
comparing CPU usage (especially with video resizing on) with mplayer I'm
no longer sure if that's a good idea.

Mplayer is a lot faster, so I'm wondering, wheather it would be possible
to use mplayer as my video playing engine.

Two options come to mind:

a) calling external mplayer and telling it to which window draw the
video
b) including the source and more directly using mplayer functions

Would that be possible?
Does the mplayer have some kind of interface for embedding it?
Where to start?

--
Chris