[MPlayer-users] Playing severely damaged MP3 file

Daniel Taylor dtaylor at vocalabs.com
Mon Jul 7 18:57:21 CEST 2008

Something else is broken with the files.

I made 2 copies of one of my mp3 files with 13K of data either removed
from the file or zeroed out and mplayer was able to skip across the
deliberately damaged portion on both damaged files without even telling
me anything was wrong.

I suspect there may have been something to the effect of a
format-converting copy involved in the corruption, such as you would get
 on a MSWindows system if you opened the file without the binary
attribute, then wrote it back out again. If that is the case, all the
data is lost.

--
Daniel Taylor          VP Operations            Vocal Laboratories, Inc.
dtaylor at vocalabs.com   http://www.vocalabs.com/        (952)941-6580x203