[MPlayer-users] Playing severely damaged MP3 file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jul 7 19:31:53 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 01:01:05PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > At least if you get MPlayer to use its demux_audio demuxer it should
> > skip the zero-blocks without problems (except maybe some stuttering
> > and high CPU usage).
>
> I don't see any indication of how to do that in '-demuxer help'; I tried
> '-demuxer audio' as the least obviously not it, and that exited
> immediately without any sound. I've poked around the documentation a
> little bit without finding anything obvious; any pointers?

-demuxer audio is it, but the auto-detection probably is too restrictive
to detect broken files (within the first 30000 bytes there must be 12 complete
MP3 frames - you could change the MIN_MP3_HDRS define in the code
though, or the detection length in the line
"while(n < 30000 && !s->eof) {").

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger