[MPlayer-users] latest SVN wedges in tight loop with -vo xvmc

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:57:39 CEST 2008

On 6/30/08, Norman Ramsey <nr at eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> In getting ready for football season, I've tried to bring software
> up to date.  Bad idea!  The ancient mplayer I was using with the
> NVIDIA 1.0-7676 drivers worked, but the latest SVN mplayer wedges
> at launch.  strace shows it in a tight loop calling sched_yield()
> as quickly as possible.  Kill produces an error message, but it
> continues to soak up 99% of CPU until killed with kill -9.
>
> I'm using the NVIDIA XvMC library from the latest Linux drivers, i.e.,
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.09.  I've attached a zip file contining the
> output of mplayer -v and also the configure.log from the build.
>
> I'm hoping somebody can tell me that I've done something wrong or
> configured something wrong.

The log shows that your card is NV17 model.
I own the same and I know that the latest version that
works with it is 96.43.05.
You actually don't say that you are using 173.14 drivers,
you say that you are using the library from 173.14...

Taking parts from one driver and putting it in another
would surely lead to problems.

Next time read bugreports.html what is needed for debugging.