[MPlayer-users] Unsharp Mask - Faster/Multi-Threaded?

galenz at zinkconsulting.com galenz at zinkconsulting.com
Tue Jan 15 15:26:11 CET 2008

I'm trying to use the unsharp mask filter with 1080p video in mplayer.

The problem is that the filter is too slow. It appears to run as a
single thread, which is maybe 20-40% short of realtime on my system
(depends on aspect ratio and frame rate), and basically pegs just one
of my cores. I've got a 3.2 GHz Intel system.

Are there any plans to multi-thread unsharp mask? Or any other plans
to accelerate the function? An unsharp mask filter like this seems an
almost ideal candidate for parallelizing.

-Galen