[MPlayer-users] Unsharp Mask - Faster/Multi-Threaded?

Wed Jan 16 16:24:49 CET 2008

Hi galenz at zinkconsulting.com!

 On 2008.01.15 at 06:26:11 -0800, galenz at zinkconsulting.com wrote next:

> I'm trying to use the unsharp mask filter with 1080p video in mplayer.
>
> The problem is that the filter is too slow. It appears to run as a
> single thread, which is maybe 20-40% short of realtime on my system

Maybe multi-thread unsharp mask isn't really what you need, what you
need is making video filters process images in separate thread (on
separate core) than video decoding, since decoding 1080p uses a lot of
cpu. On the other hand, now with 4-cores cpu becoming mainstream,
forcing each filter into its own thread and even maybe in-filter thread
usage is desirable, too..

--

Vladimir