[MPlayer-users] Compile errors on OS X 10.5.2 with Xcode 3.0 and x264 or faac enabled

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 02:48:52 CET 2008

The Wanderer wrote:

> (I have fixed the quoting this time.)
>
> dandjo at gmx.at wrote:
>
> > The Wanderer wrote:

> >> (I have no idea how you managed to break quoting in such a massive
> >> way - to the point of not only top-posting, and not only failing to
> >> add the usual '>' at the beginning of each quoted line, but
> >> actually *removing* the '>' marks which were present in my own
> >> reply - but I would like to request that you not do it again.
> >> Usually I fix bad quoting by hand before replying, but this is just
> >> too much to be worth it.)
> >
> > The broken quoting is due to my stubborn web-based e-mail client.
> > Sorry for that.
>
> The lack of '>' on the quoted lines is better for this response, and
> there may not be a lot you can do about breaking threads short of
> changing your mail client (which I would strongly advise if you are
> going to be posting to these lists very much), but the fact that you are
> still top-posting is still bad - and that has nothing to do with your
> mail client.

[cut]

A word to all those who are deeply distressed by top-posting: only 0.01%
of top-posters do it in cold blood with malice aforethought. The other
99.99% have no idea what top-posting is; the cursor is where it is and
they just type.  You would advance your cause greatly if you explained it,
or gave them a link, or even told them to Google top-posting.