[MPlayer-users] compile without wmv support

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Dec 18 14:52:12 CET 2008

> Define "not play" and "wmv video file". After disabling the WMV decoders
> it will still play the file as audio-only.
> You can remove everything related to wmv from etc/codecs.conf, and then
> copy that into /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf or
> $HOME/.mplayer/codecs.conf
> Also, if you just woke up some morning and decided you wanted to have an
> MPlayer that does "not play wmv" (whatever that is supposed to mean) for
> no good reason it seems a waste of time for me to help, though I suspect
> that you have some reason that makes sense and due to lack of knowledge
> transformed it into a requirement that makes no sense...

*Reimar

Thanks! I had no /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codes.conf file
so I copied the etc/codes.conf to /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codes.conf
edited it to comment out all wmv entries including audio... And I now get an
error saying basically not available.

This is exactly what  I was looking for... Thanks again.

Jerry
*