[MPlayer-users] IPTV multicast stream "re-ordering"

Kingsly John member+mplayer at kingsly.net
Thu Dec 18 15:21:22 CET 2008

Hi!

I have an Amino Aminet125 IPTV STB, And some of the channels are garbled when
viewed with mplayer but works fine on the STB itself because of some
"re-ordering" that is (not) being done.

On the STB there is a /proc/sys/net/bypass/re-order interface which when set
to "0" displays the video right and when set to "1" it displays the same
garbled video as mplayer.(In the UI there's an option called "Packet
Ordering" which toggles the value)

I was wondering if it is possible to make mplayer support playback of such
streams?

You can see a sample dump at http://kingsly.net/tmp/natgeo.dump (3.5MB)
(As you can see it's not really encrypted since you can see part of the
National Geographic logo clearly. It's the same for all the garbled channels.)

I think this is the kernel module that that creates the /proc interface for
"re-order" http://kingsly.net/tmp/av_router.ko (compiled for Linux AMINET
2.6.10 #1 Fri May 25 08:53:19 BST 2007 armv5tejl unknown )

Let me know if you need any further information.

Kingsly
     Kingsly At Users Dot SourceForge Dot Net  -- http://kingsly.org/