[MPlayer-users] compile without wmv support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Dec 18 14:40:27 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 08:26:18AM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> What  I am trying to accomplish is simply to have a version of mplayer
> on my machine
> that will not play a wmv video file. How do I accomplish that?

Define "not play" and "wmv video file". After disabling the WMV decoders
it will still play the file as audio-only.
You can remove everything related to wmv from etc/codecs.conf, and then
copy that into /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf or
$HOME/.mplayer/codecs.conf
Also, if you just woke up some morning and decided you wanted to have an
MPlayer that does "not play wmv" (whatever that is supposed to mean) for
no good reason it seems a waste of time for me to help, though I suspect
that you have some reason that makes sense and due to lack of knowledge
transformed it into a requirement that makes no sense...