[MPlayer-users] connection refused

yyang at commscope.com yyang at commscope.com
Wed Sep 19 00:26:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

>This line very likely is. It does not see the file in the location where
>you asked it to look.

>Am I correct in inferring that you have, in root's home directory
>("/root/") on your server machine, a directory called "share" which you
>are using as the root for your RTSP server?

I always log my machines as root. when I do pwd, it returns
/root/share
Here is my the video clip stored on server.

>If that is the case, then if your RTSP server follows the same standard
>as most file server programs I've seen, the file "/root/share/filename"

Yes, the file (hd.avi) is stored in /root/share

>would be accessed by the URL "rtsp://server/filename". You do not want
>to specify the full path as you would use it on the server machine; you
>want to specify the path relative to the directory your server program
>is using as its root.
Sorry, I am not sure I understand this point but I fee it is crucial to
the problem.
what directory does my Live server uses? The live server is saved in
/root. Since it is executible file. I always run it by entering
/root/livemediaserver

I am not a linux guru although I wish to be one.

Frank