[MPlayer-users] connection refused

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 00:05:35 CEST 2007

yyang at commscope.com wrote:

> Hi, I installed the subversion snapshot. There is no more "connection
> refused" error but still not be able to run stream.
>
> For a recap, my setup is:

<snip>

Please quote what you are replying to.7

> But when I ran mplayer stream. I got the "unsupported RTSP server"
> error as below. Any idea what's wrong?
>
> [root at workstation mplayer-checkout-2007-09-18]# mplayer
> rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r24562-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
> CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 256 (Family: 15, Model: 37, Stepping: 1)
> CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2
>
> Playing rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi.
> Resolving server for AF_INET6...
> Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: server
> Resolving server for AF_INET...
> Connecting to server server[169.254.15.100]: 554...
> librtsp: server responds: 'RTSP/1.0 404 Stream Not Found'
> rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'unknown'.

Because it continues on afterwards, this line is probably not the error.

> STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi
> Stream not seekable!
>  file format detected.
> Failed to get a SDP description from URL
> "rtsp://server/root/share/hd.avi": cannot handle DESCRIBE response:
> RTSP/1.0 404 Stream Not Found

This line very likely is. It does not see the file in the location where
you asked it to look.

Am I correct in inferring that you have, in root's home directory
("/root/") on your server machine, a directory called "share" which you
are using as the root for your RTSP server?

If that is the case, then if your RTSP server follows the same standard
as most file server programs I've seen, the file "/root/share/filename"
would be accessed by the URL "rtsp://server/filename". You do not want
to specify the full path as you would use it on the server machine; you
want to specify the path relative to the directory your server program
is using as its root.

Again, I am not an expert in these matters, but that is what I would
expect to be the problem.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.