[MPlayer-users] Flash/Mplayer

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:02:24 CEST 2007

>    Nope, the deal that's got me upsidedown an sideways is that if I
> play anything flash (flash-plugin-9.0.31.0-release  installed by
> FF) even those without snd, mplayer goes silent. Complains it can't
> open /dev/snd   Logout/in to KDE 3.5.8 immediately fixes this.
> Mplayer has sound again... till I stumble onto some fsck'n flash
> app.
>
>    OK, I realize flash is a closed source proprietary B$ app... but
> nobody else is seein this  ??

I think I have run into the same problem in the past. I haven't had it
happen as of late (don't really know why), but I ended up determining
on my system that there is an esd process whenever the sound is
locked. I just kill that process and sound comes back. But I am not
using the latest release of Flash 9... I am using Flash 9.0 r60
(according to about:plugins). I know they came out with a new version
but I haven't taken the time to update.

Hope this helps
Jeremy