[MPlayer-users] Flash/Mplayer

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 21:39:25 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 11:22:35 am Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
> For flash: I suspect flash spawns aRTs, which occupies the
> device. I assume you would try to compile mplayer with arts
> support (is there? Haven't never tried) and make aRTs a primary
> output (-ao arts,<whatever drivers you're using>, or
> ao=arts,<whatever drivers you're using> in config).
>
> Which video output mode you're using?

   Well, wouldn't you know it, now it's ittermitent (again).  I'm
not usin arTs, but alsa/oss. arTs is set to release after 2sec
anyhow, an it also happens even when I run gnome. The only config
option I use is --prefix=/usr    I use mplayer on the CL with 'mpl'
(alias mpl='mplayer -fs -zoom')   otherwise -fs plays at the
originals size, not fullscreen. 15.4"WS, 1680x1050x32 res, but I
reset it to a more reasonable 1280x800x16  I suspect it's a secret
flash bug.  I was mainly wonderin if anybody else sees the same
behavior.

$ mplayer -ao help
MPlayer dev-SVN-r24795-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 15, Stepping: 10)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Available audio output drivers:
        oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
        mpegpes DVB audio output
        v4l2    V4L2 MPEG Audio Decoder output
        null    Null audio output
        pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

    I've tried 'em all (cept null ;) )  The problem is whatever's
(somtimes) grabbin /dev/snd   I've been unable to find out even
fuser, lsof, an cat on lsof.

$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer dev-SVN-r24795-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6,
Model: 15, Stepping: 10)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
Available video output drivers:
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output
drivers
        gl      X11 (OpenGL)
        gl2     X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
        fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
        v4l2    V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
        cvidix  console VIDIX
        null    Null video output
        mpegpes Mpeg-PES to DVB card
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        tga     Targa output
        pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
        md5sum  md5sum of each frame

   Various videos, but most use,

Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffsvq3] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg Sorenson Video v3
(SVQ3))

   FWIW I've tried both ffmpeg svn an livna versions

--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas