[MPlayer-users] Opaque VOBSUB playback in XV mode and colorspaces

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Oct 3 00:55:16 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:22:35AM +0200, Ludovic Dupont wrote:
> The problem I have is that when "-vo xv" is used, this
> kind of subtitles get semi-transparent (ie they're not
> totally transparent, but not opaque either).

That is a known (and partially intentional, at least by now) problem.
Only the brightness but not the colour information (i.e. only the Y
channel of YUV) are modified for the OSD and subtitles.
Nobody so far has found it so annoying to go even close to the effort you have...
-vf format=yuy2 or -vf format=uyvy should fix it, if it plays at all...
RGB I think is not supported at all by -vo xv.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger