[MPlayer-users] mencoder not doing the business

Stuart Halliday stuarth at quantumsoft.co.uk
Thu May 17 13:19:16 CEST 2007

I believe Ken wrote this email section below:
> On 5/17/07, Stuart Halliday <stuarth at quantumsoft.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> So when is the Mplayer people going to release an up-to-date version?
>
> Pretty much daily.  Visit http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
> and read the section entitled Downloading MPlayer from Subversion.  As
> has been stated previously on this list more times than I can count,
> USE SVN!!!

Again, you guys seem to assume visitors know what SVN is.

What is subversion? There is no link to it on the above page.

Hardly surprising then you get a lot of requests. :-)

So SVN will give me the latest binary?

Seems I've got to install a lot of code just to get a wee binary.

Why can't someone just send me the mplayer/memencoder files?

Or don't you want people to use it? ;-)

--
Stuart Halliday
http://theaquariumwiki.com/