[MPlayer-users] mencoder not doing the business

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 13:33:24 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 12:19 +0100, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> I believe Ken wrote this email section below:
> > On 5/17/07, Stuart Halliday <stuarth at quantumsoft.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> So when is the Mplayer people going to release an up-to-date version?
> >
> > Pretty much daily.  Visit http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
> > and read the section entitled Downloading MPlayer from Subversion.  As
> > has been stated previously on this list more times than I can count,
> > USE SVN!!!
>
> Again, you guys seem to assume visitors know what SVN is.
>
> What is subversion? There is no link to it on the above page.
>
> Hardly surprising then you get a lot of requests. :-)
>
> So SVN will give me the latest binary?
>

> Seems I've got to install a lot of code just to get a wee binary.

i don't think you'll get a binary through svn, as far as i know, but you
get up-to-date code, that you can compile on your machine.
that's why i think it is a bit problematic to point people, who are
obviously looking for binaries, to svn. making a binary involves a lot
more than just installing svn.

my 2 cents.

roman