[MPlayer-users] using an other computer to calculate the image

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 6 23:08:25 CET 2007

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:56:53 +0100
Thibaud Hulin <hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> calcul operation

calcul ???

>  I'd want to use a slowly computer to watch a divx, and  it is
>  connected by a network to a fast computer, by a ethernet cable.

If your video is bigger than about 320x240, it's not possible to have
smooth playback over a 100Mbps network.  And even if you have a
ridiculously fast network, your slow computer won't be able to keep up
with the flood of packets.

You could, however, reencode your Divx video on your fast computer, to
something like MPEG-1, which will be easier for your slow computer to
decode.