[MPlayer-users] unable to get any playback (video_out problem?)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed May 3 06:21:32 CEST 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 21:50:43 -0400
Yevgeniy Medynskiy <ym66 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Is mplayer supposed to be using the framebuffer device? If not, how do
> I  change it? I don't seem to have any /dev/video* devices...

If you don't know you need it... then no it shouldn't.

You should try xv and x11 (and gl/gl2 with CVS).  If those aren't
listed with "mplayer -vo help", perhaps you didn't have the X11-dev
packages installed when you compiled MPlayer.

> MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.5 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

This is rather old, you should probably try a CVS version if you're
having problems.

> Badly interleaved AVI file detected - switching to -ni mode...

This isn't a good sign.  You should really use a different video while
you are trying to get mplayer working.