[MPlayer-users] MP3 playback: bleep at start

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Tue Feb 14 08:26:54 CET 2006

replying to myself

> I'm not totally convinced that it wasn't a buggy encoder that produced
> these samples.  ...

ok, I can reproduce the results you described earlier.

for me, both mp3lib and ffmpeg exhibit this botched first frame bleep
problem, while libmad does not.  there still may be something amiss with
the way those samples were made, but only libmad seems able to see that
first frame intact and not as a mess of out of range garbage that mp3lib
and ffmpeg appear to be seeing it as.

the short term solution might just be to use libmad, if you aren't
already.

--
robh