[MPlayer-users] MP3 playback: bleep at start

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Tue Feb 14 07:19:00 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 11:47:10AM +0100, ACS wrote:

> >These are files I used for testing (cropped to first 29 seconds):
> >http://213.84.144.87/arbeit.mp3
> >http://213.84.144.87/berlin.mp3
> >http://213.84.144.87/trompet.mp3
> >
> Is there still anything that I can do to help sort this out?
> To me it's a bug that mentioned files start with a glitch using ffmp3 and
> mp3lib decoder engine

I'm not totally convinced that it wasn't a buggy encoder that produced
these samples.  for example:

  robh at homebox:~$ mpg123 -cqn2 arbeit.mp3
  390 samples clipped
  81 samples clipped
  robh at homebox:~$

but you can get around the problem frame simply by skipping it, eg.

  mpg123 -k1 arbeit.mp3

though I'm not sure how you'd tell mplayer to do the same.

--
robh