[MPlayer-users] Documentation Update

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:13:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/2/05, Sebastian Ewert <ewi-news at gmx.de> wrote:

> I just wanted to ask for an update of the documentation in section 1.5
>
> - perhaps it might be good to rename the section from 'RTC' to 'Timer Methods'
> or something like that
>
> - mplayer does not use an usleep() call per default anymore (at least as far
> as I know) but a call to nanosleep().
>
> Perhaps this could be updated in the documentation. Also a hint if nanosleep
> is better than usleep(), how exact nanosleep() is or if is still
> good/necessary/advised to use the RTC method or the softsleep method.
>
> - I had problems with the RTC method. /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq
> or /proc/sys/dev/rtc/ were just not there; the reason was that my Debian
> Sarge system wasn't loading the rtc module but the genrtc module that does
> not provide this /proc interface.
>
> Perhaps a hint to this might help others as well.
>
> - Perhaps some tips on how to get smooth(er) playback would also be nice
> (perhaps including the timer methods and the -mc switch)

Could you send a patch with all thoses changes? (diff -u
original_file.xml modified_file.xml)
Please not you need to edit the XML files available in the directory
DOCS/xml/en/

Guillaume
--
Jazz music and Open Source development looks like chaos to an
untrained eye, but end-up producing masterpieces like "Kind of Blue"