[MPlayer-users] Documentation Update

Sebastian Ewert ewi-news at gmx.de
Thu Jun 2 22:26:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just wanted to ask for an update of the documentation in section 1.5

- perhaps it might be good to rename the section from 'RTC' to 'Timer Methods'
or something like that

- mplayer does not use an usleep() call per default anymore (at least as far
as I know) but a call to nanosleep().

Perhaps this could be updated in the documentation. Also a hint if nanosleep
is better than usleep(), how exact nanosleep() is or if is still
good/necessary/advised to use the RTC method or the softsleep method.

- I had problems with the RTC method. /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq
or /proc/sys/dev/rtc/ were just not there; the reason was that my Debian
Sarge system wasn't loading the rtc module but the genrtc module that does
not provide this /proc interface.

Perhaps a hint to this might help others as well.

- Perhaps some tips on how to get smooth(er) playback would also be nice
(perhaps including the timer methods and the -mc switch)

Thank you very much...