[MPlayer-users] My first try to play HDTV demos ...

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 14 21:22:11 CEST 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:55:38 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at shikadi.net> wrote:

> You could always try what I often do - download the CVS and compile
> it, but don't run "make install".  Then you can run mplayer directly
> from the CVS directory

Yes, that is exactly what I do...  However, unless I use it by default,
it doesn't get a fraction as much use, and bug-testing.

It's not as easy to switch between them as it might seem.  Everything I
do with mencoder/mplayer is scripted, and to change between different
versions of them I have to modify several scripts in numerous places.
Plus, the machine I use for most playback/encoding has no keyboard
attached, just a remote, and it's plugged-in to a TV.