[MPlayer-users] My first try to play HDTV demos ...

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Thu Apr 14 13:55:38 CEST 2005

> I'd much rather not have that honor, really...  But at least things
> seem to be looking pretty bug-free for me right now.  Until some great
> new feature gets comitted to CVS that I can't live without, I'm happy
> with the version I've got working now...

You could always try what I often do - download the CVS and compile it,
but don't run "make install".  Then you can run mplayer directly from
the CVS directory, and if you run into any problems you can just go back
to your old /usr/local/bin/mplayer instead.

Or you could rename /usr/local/bin/mplayer to "mplayer-old" and then
upgrade whenever you want, and if you have any problems just run
"mplayer-old" instead of "mplayer" when you watch your movies to get
back to your "reliable" version.

Cheers,
Adam.