[MPlayer-users] Flicker on fullscreen 1280x800

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 17:51:37 CEST 2004

 --- Felix Dorner <felix.dorner at gmail.com> wrote:
> i am using a 1280x800 notebook
> widescreen. when i go to a window size close to 800
> ... or fullscreen mode... some lines seem to be ...
> realligned to the left or right. Does anyone
> know what I mean, and know a solution?

I think I know what you mean - I used to have a
similar problem when running my system at a very high
resolution, colour depth and refresh rate.

I suspect your graphics chipset may not be able to
cope with the load. Try reducing the refresh rate if
it's above 60Hz (60Hz should be fine on a TFT screen,
but you may want to up it a little so that it's a
multiple of the frame rate you use most often, eg.
75Hz for 25fps PAL DVD). Failing that, you could try
reducing the colour depth to 16 bit, at least to test
and see if it makes a difference. (It shouldn't affect
the quality of video playback when you're using an
overlay device like xv or vidix.)

HTH
Stephen

=====

I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on tape somewhere!