[MPlayer-users] playing dixv encoded files in windows

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 15 03:58:55 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:55:59PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:15:21 -0400
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, IMO the bug is not a bug in mencoder, rather it's a bug in the
> > idiotic mpeg2-in-avi playback code in mplayer.
>
> Strange, then, that older version of mencoder were doing a good job of
> working around this problem.

i'm curious why it didn't happen with the old version too...
maybe it's a strange interaction with my patch to muxer_avi.c (write
valid avi headers before encoding is complete)...?

this is a weird issue that doesn't affect most users so i'm not that
motivated to spend time on it right now. i might later, but if you
want to do some tests and tell me which patch broke it, i'll be happy
to go from there and research it and hopefully find a workaround.

rich