[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems playing RealPlayer streams.

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 00:40:12 CEST 2004

>The live feeds work fine, but on the archived
> links I get an error stating, rtsp  is not a registered protocol. These are
> the two columns of links on their main home page.

rtsp is not a browser protocol which is why it is not supported.
you can apparently use the MozEx tool to handle this with an external program
(such as mplayer which is compiled with RTSP support)
see these URLs found on Google
http://mozex.mozdev.org/index.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Sep/1201.html

I never bothered setting it up to do so on my box.
You can also just copy the link location and paste it
as argument to mplayer.

good luck