[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files still out of sync with mencoder

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Jun 6 04:06:58 CEST 2004

> When my streams are  broken I never have a persistent desync, it lasts
> only for few seconds.  What command line do you use to encode?

Hi Nico,

I'm using this to encode: (first pass)

mencoder -o /dev/null -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:trell:mbd=2:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:vb_strategy=0:vlelim=0:vcelim=0:cmp=2:subcmp=2:precmp=2:predia=1:dia=1:vme=4:aspect=4/3:vbitrate=$BITRATE:vpass=1 -vf crop=516:570:104:3 -nosound $INPUTFILE -ss $START -frames $NUMFRAMES

The second pass is the same except for allowing audio and having an
output filename.  I have to confess I haven't really looked at what all
the options do, I just saw them posted here a while ago as "good
quality" and blindly started using them ;-)

I'm already using -mc 0, but as that's the maximum correction per frame,
perhaps I should *not* be using it?  Or it should be set at a really
high value, so the resync is instant?

I'll try that now.

Thanks,
Adam.