[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files still out of sync with mencoder

nsabbi at fastwebnet.it nsabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jun 5 10:25:43 CEST 2004

>>Hi,
>>
>>Does anyone know how to get MPEG transport streams (e.g. captured from
>>DVB card) in sync when encoding them with mencoder?  The files
>>themselves start off synchronised, but due to reception issues many
>>files I capture have small corrupt sections in them, which play fine in
>>mplayer but cause the rest of the file to go out of sync in mencoder.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Adam.
>>
>[snip]
>
>the demuxer is exactly the same, so demuxer-side the files are treated
>identically, but mencoder and mplayer have different synchronization
>code.
>You can try to add -autosync 30 to force mencoder to sync immediately,
>rather than gradually (it's what I usually use with my dvb captures).
>Some people suggest to use -mc 0, but I never used it on long-lasting movies.
>
>  Nico

oops, sorry: -autosync is an mplayer option, mencoder doesn't even accept
it.
I thought I was using it because I had it in a config file that I wrongly

assumed I was using.
When my streams are  broken I never have a persistent desync, it lasts only
for few seconds.
What command line do you use to encode?

        Nico