[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files still out of sync with mencoder

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 6 07:04:42 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:06:58 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> I'm already using -mc 0, but as that's the maximum correction per
> frame, perhaps I should *not* be using it?  Or it should be set at a
> really high value, so the resync is instant?

I would try without -mc, -noskip, and -skiplimit, one of them is likely
causing the problem.

I don't know MPlayer internals very well, but I'd think encoding the
first pass without sound may have the potential to cause sync problems
as well.

I would suggest you start from scratch and develop a better
command-line.  Most of those lavc options are probably using up a LOT of
CPU time, for little, if any, quality improvements.