[MPlayer-users] Re: laptop display

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Wed Jan 14 15:00:39 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 06:10:21AM -0800, Adam Naumowicz wrote:

> Thanks for your help. There were some libraries
> missing. I read the configure script more carefully
> and found out what was needed - I got them from an old
> SuSE package - the problem is with the new SuSE
> XF86-devel package which for some weird reason
> contains much less files than it used to in previous
> distros.

i need nothing from old suse packages on my 9.0 system.

seife at susi:~> rpm -qa|grep XF
XFree86-fonts-75dpi-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-Mesa-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-4.3.0.1-29
XFree86-devel-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-fonts-scalable-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-Xvnc-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-server-4.3.0.1-29
XFree86-man-4.3.0.1-21
XFree86-libs-4.3.0.1-21

of course, it is not only XFree-devel packages but also a lot
of other devel packages. I just selected the "experienced user" selection
when installing, this is also possible in the installed system.
With this packages installed and some others like libogg-devel
libvorbis-devel mad-devel flac zlib-devel alsa-devel,
just "./configure" worked fine with compiling everything that i
needed into mplayer/mencoder. Lame packages are available at
http://packman.links2linux.de

Installing old devel packages from old distro versions is a not-so-good idea
since they may not exactly match the installed libraries which may lead to
subtle errors.

Good luck.
--
Stefan Seyfried