[MPlayer-users] laptop display

Adam Naumowicz adamnaumowicz at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 15:10:21 CET 2004

--- Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:
> >>Maybe xvideo doesn't work.
> >

> > With this option mplayer reported:
> >
> > Error opening/initializing the selected video_out
> > (-vo) device.
> >
> > Does it mean I have to specify it somehow during
> > 'configure' stage? Or something else is missing?
> >

> That's surprising. If you type `mplayer -vo help' is
> x11 listed?
>
> If it is, then please give us the _entire_ output
> of:
> $ mplayer -v -vo x11 thenameofyourmovie.avi

Thanks for your help. There were some libraries
missing. I read the configure script more carefully
and found out what was needed - I got them from an old
SuSE package - the problem is with the new SuSE
XF86-devel package which for some weird reason
contains much less files than it used to in previous
distros.