[MPlayer-users] Increasing vobsub subtitles size

JiHO jo.irisson at noos.fr
Mon Aug 2 15:28:28 CEST 2004

> My hope was that MPlayer could resize (scale? don't know the correct word
> here) the vobsub subtitles images just like it can do with the movie images.
>
> I'm google'ing right know for a program to do this. Since there're several
> Windows programs to work with subtitles one ought to do it. Suggestions are
> most welcome.

one solution could be to convert your subtitles to srt and use the
beautiful antialiased subtitles of mplayer. there is a small C utility
called subrip in the TOOLS section of mplayer's source that call gocr to
perform character recognition on vobsub subtitles. it's basically the
equivalent of the subrip program on windows, minus the GUI ;-)
nevertheless I encountered problems with this utility in the last
versions, posted here but got no answer. there is not much documentation
about it either. maybe you can try and see if it works for you.

otherwise I don't know if it is possible to scale only the subtitles.
--
JiHO
---