[MPlayer-users] Increasing vobsub subtitles size

Andre andre at netvision.com.br
Mon Aug 2 01:11:35 CEST 2004

On Sunday 01 August 2004 16:31, JiHO wrote:
> Andre wrote:
> > Is there an option to make MPlayer increase the size of vobsub subtitles?
> > Preferably while playing the movie.
> >
> > I've got a movie with vobsub subtitles, but the subtitles are too small,
> > so I'd like to increase their size, more specifically, their height.
>
> vobsub subtitles are in fact a collection of images that are displayed
> on top of the movie. so their font can't be scaled as text based
> subtitles (sub or srt). they are scaled with the movie so I don't think
> it is possible to scale only their height without aletring the aspect
> ratio of the movie...

My hope was that MPlayer could resize (scale? don't know the correct word
here) the vobsub subtitles images just like it can do with the movie images.

I'm google'ing right know for a program to do this. Since there're several
Windows programs to work with subtitles one ought to do it. Suggestions are
most welcome.

Thank you!