[MPlayer-users] Increasing vobsub subtitles size

Andre andre at netvision.com.br
Mon Aug 2 19:06:42 CEST 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 10:28, JiHO wrote:
> > [...]
> one solution could be to convert your subtitles to srt and use the
> beautiful antialiased subtitles of mplayer. there is a small C utility
> called subrip in the TOOLS section of mplayer's source that call gocr to
> perform character recognition on vobsub subtitles. it's basically the
> equivalent of the subrip program on windows, minus the GUI ;-)
> nevertheless I encountered problems with this utility in the last
> versions, posted here but got no answer. there is not much documentation
> about it either. maybe you can try and see if it works for you.

I ended up converting the subtitles to srt using SubRip on Windows. One
strange thing though, is that the vobsub subtitles in SubRip were much taller
than in MPlayer. This is the first time I see this happening to vobsub
subtitles using MPlayer. I can also play other vobsub subtitles just fine.

Anyway, I got the subtitles converted and now I can see them.

Thank you!