[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphical card for MPlayer

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Wed Sep 10 17:03:31 CEST 2003

Primate Mésmero <hmhrclassic at graffiti.net> writes:

> I have read in a message posted to the list (I don´t remember who wrote it), that these drivers don´t use all the features of tha Ati cards. Please, can anyone explain which features the drivers don´t use? I have Xv, OpenGl and DRI at least.

i was told, the nvidia drivers have the most complet OpenGL implementation,
i can not tell if this is true, but the guy telling me this usually knows
what he is talking about.

It is not only "OpenGL: yes/no" but also which features of OpenGL are
implemented. Also with XVideo: there are better and less good (neomagic :-)
implementations.

 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de