[MPlayer-users] Playing Real Video?

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Thu Oct 23 15:55:29 CEST 2003

<quote who="MvH">

> A lot of other streams from omroep.nl ( I guess the more copyright
> sensitive ones ) cannot be played by anything on linux at all because of
> the way it's put on the website.

Not true.

I haven't seen a single stream on omroep.nl that wasn't playable under Linux,
unless the server at that time was completely overloaded.

The omroep.nl guys are not negative towards Linux at all, I've had some
interesting conversations with them over email that (I think) I even
forwarded to the mplayer-users list.

Check the archives from back when mplayer wouldn't try both port 1755 and 80
when playing a web stream.

-rbb

--
       Remco B. Brink -- IS Developer / CDTT -- Opera Software ASA
   Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

"A disturbance of sysadmins. Because if we are, you will be." -- Joe Thompson