[MPlayer-users] Playing Real Video?

MvH cola at looze.net
Sat Oct 25 16:20:05 CEST 2003

> Not true.
>
> I haven't seen a single stream on omroep.nl that wasn't playable under Linux,
> unless the server at that time was completely overloaded.
>
> The omroep.nl guys are not negative towards Linux at all, I've had some
> interesting conversations with them over email that (I think) I even
> forwarded to the mplayer-users list.
>
> Check the archives from back when mplayer wouldn't try both port 1755 and 80
> when playing a web stream.

Thank's for that; now I know where to look ( I had difficulty finding the
right info from the archives.)
I just seemed to have problems with the sites from vpro's noorderlicht and
andere tijden; when you pass the urls of noorderlicht directly into
realplayer they work, but I've had no idea how to get that playing with
mplayer. ( those url's with things like
/smil/rmstream2.jsp?stream=13709697)

I did watch some champions leage and my favourite rembo&rembo episodes
though!

thanks.

MvH