[MPlayer-users] video capture & .avi file "un-catenating"

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sat Oct 4 21:20:42 CEST 2003

Le samedi 04 octobre 2003, 11:14:01 ou environ Patrice Levesque <wayne at ptaff.ca> a écrit:

> > I may have badly understood but you read well the word "dvd" not
> > "tv". How to tell mplayer to start the video reader at exactly the
> > same place at first and second pass for video and sound coordination?
> >
> > Or I did not really understand: Must I type at first pass -tv
> > driver=v4l,etc -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts etc
> >
> > Then at second pass make a -oac copy from frameno.avi to film.avi but
> > really I think there will be a problem of coordination and I don't see
> > examples anywhere with -tv instead of -dvd with 2 or 3 passes.
>
> I clarify.  First you grab from your tv (or dvd, or whatever device) and
> create a high-quality .avi - with a vbitrate of 1500+ or so, enough so
> that you see no quality difference from the "original broadcast".  So it
> should be similar to the step that you first described.
>
> So, after this step, you have a high quality copy of your "original
> broadcast".
>
> Then, you reencode this .avi to reduce file size, using 3-pass encoding.

Thanks,

In fact I had problems to understand how to configure the input file
in the three passes encoding. Of course it is obvious for anybody who
knows where the obviousness lies. BTW I did not find the word
"frameno" in the mplayer man page. Thus I must suppose that the file
frameno.avi is some sort of template and the two last passes won't
work if I change the file-name to framenono.avi

Now I made a test with a short file and it works OK except that I have
a sound delay of about 1 sec

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be