[MPlayer-users] video capture & .avi file "un-catenating"

Patrice Levesque wayne at ptaff.ca
Sat Oct 4 17:14:01 CEST 2003

> I may have badly understood but you read well the word "dvd" not
> "tv". How to tell mplayer to start the video reader at exactly the
> same place at first and second pass for video and sound coordination?
>
> Or I did not really understand: Must I type at first pass -tv
> driver=v4l,etc -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts etc
>
> Then at second pass make a -oac copy from frameno.avi to film.avi but
> really I think there will be a problem of coordination and I don't see
> examples anywhere with -tv instead of -dvd with 2 or 3 passes.

I clarify.  First you grab from your tv (or dvd, or whatever device) and
create a high-quality .avi - with a vbitrate of 1500+ or so, enough so
that you see no quality difference from the "original broadcast".  So it
should be similar to the step that you first described.

So, after this step, you have a high quality copy of your "original
broadcast".

Then, you reencode this .avi to reduce file size, using 3-pass encoding.

--
        wayne at ptaff.ca
 --====|====-- GPG: http://ptaff.ca/k.asc ID 9212A432