[MPlayer-users] whats lircc? lirc support problem

Dano rabinowich at zoznam.sk
Sun Nov 16 22:20:21 CET 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:06:29 +0100, Oscar Sundbom
<oscar at moosecomrade.mine.nu> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:19:29 +0100
> Dano <rabinowich at zoznam.sk> wrote:
>
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
>> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>
>> > ./configure --help | grep lirc
>> >   --enable-lirc          enable LIRC (remote control) support
>> > [autodetect]
>> >   --enable-lircc         enable LIRCCD (LIRC client daemon) input
>> > [autodetect]
>> >
>> > Perhaps ./configure --disable-lircc?  According to Google (you should
>> > try it
>> > some time ;-)), lircc appears to be a client for LIRC that coordinates
>> > all
>> > programs using LIRC - so they all connect to lircc instead.
>>
>> I already have compiled mplayer with the option --disable-lircc, but i
>> have no lirc support in mplayer
>> After running mplayer i get this:
>> Setting up LIRC support...
>> mplayer: could not connect to socket
>> mplayer: No such file or directory
>> Failed to open LIRC support
>
> These messages appear to me as lircd hasn'ät been started and,
> therefore, mplayer can't open the socket it creates so communicate with
> software.
>
> Are you sure you've started lircd (and set up everything before right,
> otherwise it might spontaneously die when
> it gets its first call, iirc.)
>
> If you _have_ started lircd and it works fine, i e with ircat, perhaps
> the socket's been placed somewhere different from what mplayer expects.
> In that case, I'd advice you try and find out where it's created.
>
> Oscar
Thanx for advice Oscar.
I start lirc with a script placed in my /etc/rc3.d
there are two lines that start lirc and the mouse daemon
daemon lircd
daemon lircmd
--
And lircd is a normal process which is running.
I don't understand the thing with socket.

--
Dano