[MPlayer-users] Network streaming

jean jean hawkgreatelf1 at yahoo.fr
Mon May 12 17:11:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to view a video which is
streamed on the network ( multicast network ).

I use the following command to view it :

  mplayer rtp://239.1.2.3:1234

When I launch this command I have the following
message :

>Using GNU internationalization
>Original domain: messages
>Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
>Current domain: mplayer
>Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

>MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see
>DOCS)

>CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner
>(Family: 6, Stepping: 3)
>Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
>CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1
>SSE2: 0
>Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

>Reading config file /usr/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No
>such file or directory
>Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
>Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
>'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or
>directory
>Reading /usr/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: 50 audio & 136
>video codecs
>font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
>font: can't open file:
>/usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
>Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
>Can't open input config file
/root/.mplayer/input.conf >: No such file or directory
>Can't open input config file
>/usr/etc/mplayer/input.conf : No such file or
>directory
>Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

>Playing rtp://239.1.2.3:1234
>Connected to server: 239.1.2.3
>Stream not seekable!
>Stream not seekable!
>Falling back on trying to parse playlist
>rtp://239.1.2.3:1234...

So if you know howto fix this little problem please
let me know !!

Thx A+