[MPlayer-users] realone/Real-audio question

Christopher Caldwell caldwell_christopher at hotmail.com
Mon May 12 17:39:04 CEST 2003

Greetings, (Golly, I think this will even have a subject line!)

Exactly what libraries do I need to be able to use mplayer to
view the site:
http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/mini.cgi?station_name=musictwentyone&templateid=smil&file=file.smil

I guess I'm not sure what to expect here.  I am trying to avoid
downloading the Real player from RealOne (though I use it in other
places).

I downloaded the RP9 DLLs, and configured 0.90rc5 with --enable-real.
It built without any problem, but when I try with the above, I get the
message that "Falling back on trying to parse playlist".

Should it be possible to play the above URL with mplayer?  If so,
what did one have to use (config line, libraries) to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.   --Chris