[MPlayer-users] 0.90 source code no longer compiles

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jun 19 00:54:26 CEST 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 01:46:42PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> gabucino at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> >[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> >DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >
> >The Wanderer wrote:
> >
> >>The error occurs in libmpdemux/ve_divx4.c
> >Known, you have too new divx4linux, delete it, using libavcodec
> >yields far better performance.
>
> Ehhh... very well, I suppose, though I'm a completist and this bothers me.
>
> Thing is, though, I had a hard time getting it installed in the first
> place, don't remember where I got it from, and don't know what I'd need
> to do to remove it. (I'm running Debian, by the way.)
>
> The irritating thing is that on my previous setup, I apparently had
> divx5linux instead, and don't know where I got that either... the
> primary difference I remember seeing (aside from the fact that it would
> compile) is that it reported using libdivxdecore.so, whereas now it
> reports using libdivxencore.so; I'm not entirely certain that it reports
> this in the same context where it reported the other, but if not, then
> the other is disabled, which not much seems to be according to the
> configure output.

You can just --disable-divx4linux when you run configure. Otherwise
use latest cvs mplayer rather than 0.90. The divx people went and
screwed up compatibility in their latest release; it's beyond our
control. But like Gabu said, their code is worthless; encoding and
decoding quality and performance are way behind libavcodec.

Rich