[MPlayer-users] 0.90 source code no longer compiles

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 19:46:42 CEST 2003

gabucino at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>
> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> The error occurs in libmpdemux/ve_divx4.c
> Known, you have too new divx4linux, delete it, using libavcodec
> yields far better performance.

Ehhh... very well, I suppose, though I'm a completist and this bothers me.

Thing is, though, I had a hard time getting it installed in the first
place, don't remember where I got it from, and don't know what I'd need
to do to remove it. (I'm running Debian, by the way.)

The irritating thing is that on my previous setup, I apparently had
divx5linux instead, and don't know where I got that either... the
primary difference I remember seeing (aside from the fact that it would
compile) is that it reported using libdivxdecore.so, whereas now it
reports using libdivxencore.so; I'm not entirely certain that it reports
this in the same context where it reported the other, but if not, then
the other is disabled, which not much seems to be according to the
configure output.

--
       The Wanderer, feeling vaguely as if he ought to pay closer
attention to the automatic answer

side of it.

"Your logic is faulty, your intelligence is doubtful, and your Sumo is
insufficient."
   - The Eternal Lost Lurker to some random Usenet dimwit