[MPlayer-users] mplayer dvd-playback, crashes system

Thorsten hal-9000- at t-online.de
Sun Jul 13 20:47:21 CEST 2003

hi,
everytime when I try to play a dvd with mplayer, it works great for a short
while, but after a few seconds or minutes, the picture gets very strange
(there are only orderless dots in different colors), also the sound gets very
bad (a pipe in a very high sound, that repeats it self again and again...)
this process takes approx. 1-2 seconds, than the system hangs and I only
could reboot the machine!
I use Slackware 9.0 with kernel 2.4.21, but with 2.4.20 it was the same,
it is also unimportant if I use mplayer 0.90 or the 0.90rcxx candidates!
only old versions (0.6xx) don´ t crash my system
please help!

thanks in advance - thorsten!